Farmington Volunteer Fire Association
Town of Farmington, in Ontario County, New York
Founded in 1948, the Farmington Volunteer Fire Association, Division II, Battalion 9, is a 100% volunteer fire department located in the northwest corner of Ontario County. The department provides fire and rescue services within the Town of Farmington while providing Mutual Aid to the surrounding towns of Canandaigua, Macedon, Manchester and Victor. Due to our location in the county we also have Mutual Aid Agreements with our neighboring counties of Monroe and Wayne. With an urban, suburban and agricultural response coverage area of approximately 36 square miles, the department protects a resident population of over 10,000. The diversified district the department covers is comprised of single family dwellings, multiple occupancy apartments, townhouses, farms, industrial facilities, business and office parks, commercial and retail centers and complexes, and the Finger Lakes Casino and Race Track. The department also covers 7 miles of the New York State Thruway, (Interstate 90), with an additional 3 more miles under Mutual Aid. We operate by an automatic box alarm system for all structure fires within our district.
Under the command of Chief Phil Robinson, the department is staffed with 1st Assistant Chief Herbert Hartman , 2nd Assistant Chief John Weidenborner, Captain Pat Riley, Lieutenants: Sean Quinlian, Mike Perrin and Gary Weidenborner. With Board Members / Firefighters totaling 34. Our members come from all walks of life and the department is always looking for new volunteers. We respond to duty with the motto "Neighbors Helping Neighbors."
Operations are conducted out of two fire stations located within the Battalion response area:
Station #1: located in "Pumpkin Hook" in the north section of town.
Station #2: located at State Route 96 and Hook Road near the business district.